Our values are at the root of all we do at Jost Vineyards.
While it is an exhilarating time to be part of one of the world's fine emerging wine regions, it is even more exciting to be part of the Devonian Coast team. We are a group of passionate individuals who care deeply about our craft and are excited to play a role in building our company and reputation. We are committed to our products, each other and our focus on customer experience.
We offer a fun, fast-paced, tourism-driven environment. We will definitely enhance and grow your kitchen, event planning, customer service, and local wine knowledge during your tenure with us. Each season we host a number of festivals and music events on our 35-acre vineyard. We are a team-minded company that offers support and mentorship while we work side by side during our exciting and lively tourist season.
Vineyard Worker - Jost Vineyards
We are looking to add (4) four amazing individuals to our vineyard team for the 2020 growing season (April-November). This opportunity offers the possibility of winter work, repeat seasonal positions, and growth and advancement within the organization. We are seeking those who excel individually and in small groups. As an organization we focus on developing and maintaining a positive and supportive work environment. Our new team members must be aligned with these same goals.
The ideal candidate must have a positive attitude, be self-motivated, and enjoy working outside. The ability to learn in a fast paced environment is essential.
Practical experience in the farming, forestry or landscaping environments is considered an asset..
- Pruning, leaf and bunch thinning, grape vine tucking and crop harvesting; other general farm duties as required
- Work with the wine-making team and assisting with crushing and pressing during the harvest period
- Perform other duties as required
- Be a team player with the focus on overall success of the company
Successful candidates have the following attributes:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (cold, heat, rain etc.)
- Problem solver, flexible, adaptable to change
- Physically fit with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., stand, bend and kneel for long periods and perform other physical tasks as needed
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods
- Ability to follow directions, established procedures and all safety protocols
- Compensation: 12.55 per hour
- Hours: 42.5 hours per week (Monday thru Friday and weekends as required)
- Terms: Seasonal, Full-time
- Start date: April 2020.
- Training provided.
Send Resume to: email@example.com