Our values are at the root of all we do at Jost Vineyards.
While it is an exhilarating time to be part of one of the world's fine emerging wine regions, it is even more exciting to be part of the Devonian Coast team. We are a group of passionate individuals who care deeply about our craft and are excited to play a role in building our company and reputation. We are committed to our products, each other and our focus on customer experience.
We offer a fun, fast-paced, tourism-driven environment. We will definitely enhance and grow your kitchen, event planning, customer service, and local wine knowledge during your tenure with us. Each season we host a number of festivals and music events on our 35-acre vineyard. We are a team-minded company that offers support and mentorship while we work side by side during our exciting and lively tourist season.
We are seeking a dynamic, highly motivated sales person to promote and grow sales and market share of the Devonian Coast brands (Jost, Gaspereau, Mercator, Devonian Coast) through the licensee and retail channels in Nova Scotia. This position would be based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The successful candidate will be responsible to:
• Develop high-quality partnerships with customers and the trade and drive sustainable account growth
• Plan and execute sales calls on a pre-determined route schedule. Manage territory coverage to ensure excellent execution.
• Maintain and report customer and market information as required.
• Effectively plan on a daily, weekly or monthly/quarterly basis, with quota and distribution objectives.
• Service and improve the merchandising of our products through shelf management and display positioning. Ensure distribution of brands in key purchasing areas of the account.
• Prospect, quantify, and qualify new accounts to determine the potential fit with the brand portfolio.
• Report on issues related to the competitive market and offer constructive suggestions.
• Engage in brand building activities via customer/consumer tasting and training events
• Achieve against monthly and annual sales objectives delivering 100% of plan.
• Post-secondary education.
• Valid Driver’s license with clean driving record.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant sales experience.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of Liquor Control Act of Nova Scotia, market trends and competitive landscape.
• Experience managing budgets.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
• An innovative team player, with a passionate desire to compete and win.
• A strong sense of urgency, well-honed organizational skills.
• Willingness to work evenings, weekends as required to develop brands and service customers.
• Experience selling beverage alcohol and wine based products is considered an asset.
• Formal wine education is considered an asset.
Salary commensurate with experience. Position includes laptop and annual sales incentive.
If this opportunity inspires you please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 30, 2019.
For information on career opportunities at Jost Vineyards contact email@example.com.